Who doesn't love a bookish quiz? This one originated from Amanda at Amanda's Nose in a Book, but I heard about it from Mel at Double Stacked Bookshelves. Here we go!
Top Three Bookish Pet Peeves:
1. When people borrow my books and don't return them in a timely manner, or return them in worse condition, or (the worst) LOSE them. Yes, this has happened. Now I'm really selective about who I let borrow them. They must love books as much as I do :)
2. People bothering me when I'm reading (unless it's urgent/emergency, or an epically awesome story or update)
3. Super small print in books. It does not make my eyes happy. That is a great thing about the kindle, you can change the font size!
Prefect Reading Spot:
Ideally, on a beach or by the pool in Hawaii! In reality, my comfy couch snuggling with my kitties! But really, I can read just about anywhere.
3 Bookish Confessions:
1. I am currently reading Harry Potter for the very first time. Now that I am halfway through it I am sad I have waited this long! It's a fantastic series so far.
2. I always, always, ALWAYS have a book with me. Even if I'm just going to the grocery store for something really quick, a book is always in my purse. Just in case. Hence the need to have a big purse!
3. There are very few classics I've read that I've actually really liked or could really get into. Perhaps I just haven't read the right ones.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
The Book Thief--I was super glad I finished it at home. Crying while reading in public would've been a bit awkward!
How many books are on your bedside table?
Currently only two. My cats love to jump up there and knock them over, so I try to keep the stack minimal and put the books back on my bookshelf.
What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
Definitely popcorn!! I LOVE popcorn--it's my favorite snack. I have an air popper and love popping up a big bowl....and eating it all myself.
Name 3 books you'd recommend to everyone:
Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Write how much books mean to you in three words:
What is your biggest reading secret?
I love chick lit. Sometimes you need that light and relaxing reading!
Who are you tagging?
Anyone who wants to participate!