Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Read So Far This Year
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year!
I have a reading goal of 70 books for 2014...and have already made it through 39! Excited to have an even larger goal next year. Needless to say, I have some great books to pick from for this topic! Here we go:
1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (my review): Definitely my favorite book read in 2014, and definitely my favorite YA read.
2. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert (my review): I finished this one January 5th...so it barely snuck in for counting for this top ten! I think this is one of my most favorite historical fiction novels EVER, and tied with E & P for my favorite in 2014.
3. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed (my review): I normally don't get into memoirs/autobiographies, but I LOVED this one!
4. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn (my review): I've now read all of Flynn's novels, and loved this one, though I think Gone Girl is my favorite!
5. The One and Only by Emily Giffin (my review): As I said in my review, I'm a huge Emily Giffin fan, and this one only increased my love for her books!
6. Divergent, by Veronica Roth: my favorite of the three Divergent books!
7. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell. Literally JUST finished this one. LOVED it. Her books are fantastic! Honorable Mention: Fangirl, also by Rowell (my review). I think Attachments just edged out Fangirl for me, but I love all her books!
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Can't wait to see the movie!
9. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz: fantastic writing and Oscar is such a great character!
10. The All You Can Dream Buffet by Barbara O'Neal (my review): a great book to add to your summer read list if you haven't read it yet!
What are some of your favorites you've read this year?