Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts: July 24
This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I am now through five of the seven Harry Potter books! Started approximately six weeks ago, and I'm quite pleased with my progress! It's been the perfect summer reading project! My favorite so far is Book 4--Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I've also been watching the movies (after I finish each book). So that's been fun as well.
2. As I mentioned last week, last Saturday I saw The Book of Mormon in Portland! It was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS!! I could not stop laughing, and at points I was laughing so hard I was crying! The dancing was FANTASTIC! Even a tap number!I highly recommend seeing it if you get the chance, especially if you are a South Park fan like me. If you are not a South Park fan, or think strong language and adult themes would bother you, you might want to sit this one out, as that sort of content is central in this musical! Anyone else seen it? What did you think?? I LOVE musicals, and this one is now up there with my all time favorite, which is Rent :)
3. Big news in the Palmer house this week: we are getting a PUPPY! One of our family friend's black lab had puppies, and we just couldn't resist. He will be approximately 8 weeks old when we pick him up this weekend. We are spending the week "puppy proofing" our house and puppy shopping! We have four cats, but a puppy is a new adventure for us (though we both grew up with dogs). So excited for our fun adventures ahead! Still tossing around name ideas for our little guy, excited to get to know him better and see what fits his personality. Here's a picture of him (look at that FACE!!!)
4. It's been a unusually hot summer in Oregon. So as a true Oregonian, I was thrilled yesterday when I woke up to rain! Free water for my plants! It appears the sun will be back this weekend, so I'm enjoying the cooler weather and rain while it lasts!
5. I am so ready for football season!! Just last Sunday my husband and I were making lunch and discussing how the day would be MUCH better if there was a football game on TV to watch! Excited for another year of fantasy football too!
Tanks for reading, and hop you all have a great weekend!