Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts: July 31
This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I finished We Were Liars last weekend. Really liked it! It definitely kept me guessing. Hope to post full review tomorrow (Friday).
2. Remember how Iast week I said it rained but the heat was coming back? Yeah...the heat hasn't left. Still in the low 90's here. I hate to say it but cooler weather would be nice. I dare say I'm even looking forward to fall weather.
3. Just found out today that I won a GoodReads Giveaway!! The best part is, it's a book I'm really excited about, Cathy Lamb's new release (in August) What I Remember Most!
4. I'm only 175pages into Harry Potter 6. I'm liking it, I've just been busy with...
5. Peyton! Our new black lab puppy! He's named after Peyton Manning (as we're both big Broncos fans...is it football season yet?!). He's been doing really well but since he's only 7 weeks he needs a lot of attention and play time, as well as bathroom breaks every 2 hours. Just like a kiddo :) Needless to say I am exhausted from little REM sleep so reading as much as I normally do has been difficult. But he's SO CUTE!
|With me on his first day home|
|Play time! Love those chew toys...|
Any other puppy mamas out there? Any good advice? I'm trying to read up on puppy raising as much as I can. He's such a sweet boy:)