1. Resolutions or No Resolutions? I wouldn't call them resolutions, but goals. This year my goals are to run a 10k and to add some strength training into my workout routine. I also start the new Goodreads challenge for the year, if you call that a resolution.
2. Love Snow or No Snow? At my house-No Snow!! I hate worrying about driving in it (we don't just get snow here, we get ice too) and getting to work. Plus, I hate being cold. I do like snow in the mountains though--like going on a trip with the intention of playing in snow.
3. Name a new place you want to go this year: 2017 was SO travel heavy. I went to 4 different states in 5 months. I'm really looking forward to NOT going anywhere in 2018. There's a possibility I might get to go to an out of state conference for work this year but it's not for sure yet. I'd like to take a weekend trip to the Oregon Coast but that's not a new place for me.
4. Would you rather have a new haircut or hair color? Well, I'm in the process of growing out my bangs, so I'd LOVE for that process to be farther along, so...haircut?
5. Name one special thing you want to do for yourself this year? More self care!! I made it a priority in November and December and I plan on keeping that up. I have a nice bathtub and I LOVE taking baths and reading in the tub. So, more of that!
6. Least favorite thing about January? I absolutely hate January. It's my least favorite month. I hate winter, I hate how dark it is, I hate the cold. I love the Pacific Northwest except in Winter! Haha. So, my least favorite thing? Everything. Hello, vitamin D pills!
7. Most favorite thing about January? When it's over! And having a long weekend for MLK Day.
8. When do you take down your holiday decorations? I always try to take them down before I go back to work in January. This year we took them down Dec. 30th.
9. Do you diet in January? I wouldn't really call it "diet." I am currently doing a personal challenge of Dairy Free January. I have sinus problems and am constantly congested in some way, and had them for years. I read and talked to several people that said giving up dairy made a HUGE difference for them. So in 2017 I limited dairy--mostly I just cut out cow's milk and switched to almond milk. I still ate cheese, things cooked with butter, etc. I began to notice how I felt on days when I ate lots of other dairy and days I did not--so I decided to do Dairy Free January. At the end of the month I'll see how I feel and go from there!
10. What area of your home do you want to organize the most? We just moved last June so everything is pretty well organized at the moment!!
11.Favorite Winter Comfort Food? Soup! I love soup!
12. Favorite Guilty Pleasure? Romance novels? At this point in my life I don't really feel guilty about reading or doing what I like.
Happy New Year!