Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
This Week's Topic:
It's Thanksgiving week! Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. It's all about family, friends, and yummy food! My top ten list this week is top ten things I'm thankful for in general but heavy on the bookish things :)
1. My husband! Seriously, he is amazing. He's my biggest fan, encourages me, and makes me laugh. He is my favorite human.
|Late Summer 2018 at Eola Hills Winery in Salem, OR|
2. My Friends! This past weekend we celebrated Friendsgiving, and I got to spend time with my incredible support network of friends. We hosted dinner, met up for a coffee date, and I went to a yoga class, all surrounded by people I love and that support and inspire me.
3. My parents, who supported a love of reading my entire life! If you want more insight into why books are so important to me, read my This I Believe post. Also for supporting my education as well.
4. Of course, BOOKS!!! See the link in #3, but of course I am thankful for books. Just being around books calms me, and knowing I always have a book to read is comforting. But the "so many books so little time" struggle is for real.
5. And while we're on the subject of books, I am so thankful for authors!! I've connected with so many amazing authors through writing this blog, and they are all so awesome! They pour their hearts out into their books, and it is a joy to support them through this blog, social media, and other channels. Always show your favorite authors some love!
6. Book Blogger friends! The book blogger community is so supportive and encouraging! Encouraging of other bloggers, authors, readers....I love it. Such a great network of book loving humans that spend their time promoting books and reading!
7. My fur babies! The ultimate reading buddies :) They're always up for sunggles!
|Peyton is never far away when I'm reading!|
8. Yoga! I've always been into dance and movement, but really got into yoga in 2016 and discovered not only the physical benefits, but the mental benefits of yoga. It's helped me so much. Also, I've found a really cool community of yogis here in Oregon--the Yoga + Beer community. If you're in Oregon or SW Washington...try a class!
|My friends Debbie and Melissa, my favorite Y + B buddies :)|
9. You! Yes, you! So thankful for my readers and those that take time to read my posts! I appreciate you every day!
10. Of course, a thankful list wouldn't be complete without the important things we sometimes take for granted. My home, my health, access to health care,food, etc. So thankful for all these things I'm fortunate to have that so many do not.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you get a chance to relax this week! Happy Reading!